Annual Pig Out in the Park This Week in Riverfront Park
The free event starts today, lasts until Monday, and features dozens of food vendors and live concerts.
Starting Wednesday, September 2, 2015, Pig Out in the Park will begin in Riverfront Park. Now in its 36th year, Pig Out will feature 45 food booths, 200 menu items, three adult beverage gardens, and 100 free concerts.
Pig Out in the Park is open daily from 11:00 am – 10:00 pm in Riverfront Park. The event is free to attend.
· Click here for a list of food vendors and food offerings.
· See the attached map for a list of nearby parking options.
· For additional information visit www.SpokanePigOut.com
Riverfront Park has hosted Pig Out in the Park for all 36 years of the event’s existence. Riverfront Park was selected to host the event because of its natural and urban beauty and its proximity to the center of Spokane. Additionally, the vision for the Pig Out in the Park event and the vision for Riverfront Park both strongly emphasize “bringing people to the center” of the city and celebrating the beauty of Spokane.
This year’s Pig Out in the Park event will not be impacted by the Riverfront Park Redevelopment. Riverfront Park will continue to accommodate events such as Pig Out in the Park in the coming years during construction.
A few highlights of our current Riverfront Park Redevelopment Progress include:
· The Berger Partnership (Public Spaces and Park Grounds design team) contract with the City is in the final filing stages.
· We released the Recreational Rink Request for Qualifications (RFQ) in early August. A Request for Qualifications (RFQ) refers to the pre-qualification stage of the consultant procurement process. Those proponents who successfully respond to the RFQ and meet the qualification criteria will be included in the subsequent Request for Proposals (RFP) solicitation process.
· We anticipate hosting a community presentation at the beginning of 2016 to showcase initial schematics of the Riverfront Park landscape design and the Recreational Rink.
· For more information on the redevelopment, please visit www.RiverfrontParkNow.com.
Monique Cotton | City of Spokane | Parks & Recreation Division | Riverfront Park Redevelopment
Communication & Marketing Director