Fire Extinguished in a Vacant Residence


Fire Extinguished in a Vacant Residence

Spokane Valley, Wash. – Spokane Valley Fire Department (SVFD) units responded this evening to a report of structure fire at 7222 E Boone Avenue. A total of 12 apparatus and support vehicles responded.

Firefighters arrived at a vacant single story residence just after 5 PM to find smoke showing from the eaves and upgraded the response to a working structure fire. Crews quickly extinguished the fire. There were no firefighter or civilian injuries reported.

The cause is being ruled suspicious. There was no power or natural gas connected to the residence which had been vacant for a number of years. Damage was primarily contained to the kitchen and crawl space of the residence. There is no damage estimate at this time. This is at least the second time that the residence has caught on fire. The garage had previously caught on fire. The City of Spokane Fire Department also responded to this incident.

About SVFD Spokane Valley Fire Department serves the City of Spokane Valley, City of Liberty Lake, City of Millwood and unincorporated areas of Spokane County with a combined population of 125,000 across approximately 75 square miles. SVFD firefighters and paramedics responded to more than 16,250 emergency calls in 2016. Established in 1940, SVFD is an Accredited Agency by the Commission on Fire Accreditation International, one of only a handful in the state of Washington. SVFD operates 10 stations providing fire suppression, emergency medical services, vehicle extrication, hazardous materials response, special operations rescue, fire investigation, fire prevention, commercial property inspection, CPR and fire safety training.

For more information about Spokane Valley Fire Department, visit

Leave Your Comment Below


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.